Date(s) - 04/04/2017
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center
Track No Tracks
***THIS CLASS IS FULL***
Excavation and Trenching: If you are replacing a culvert under the roadway or installing sewer lines below the elevation of the basement of homes in the area, the standards found in the OSHA excavation and trenching program provide a safe working environment. In this course the student will:
- Identify basic hazards associated with excavations and trenching,
- Recognize the need for strict adherence to benching and shoring requirements,
- Recognize required responsibilities of the competent person,
- Recognize the elements of soil stability and basic classifications,
- Recognize types of systems used to protect workers,
- Determine basic emergency response procedures.
Intended audience for this course are the manager and staff that work in or around trenches or excavations.
Registrations are closed for this event.
NOTE: We do not have the manpower to make changes to your schedule or to track “wait lists” this year. If a class is full, please come to the registration desk at class time and folks will be added on a first come, first served basis as space permits. Please, do not be late for your class (your spot will be filled) and please DON’T be a “No Show.” Also, please make sure you print your classes after you register. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide during account registration. In order to check your class schedule, log in using your username and password and navigate to My Classes. If you cannot remember your classes, please come to the registration desk for your packet the first day of Safety Fest.